In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating a new funding need for your organisation using Brevio.
Please note: If you are not subscribed you will only be able to build a draft funding need and will not be able to publish it on Brevio until you have added a subscription to your account.
1. On your Dashboard, click on the ‘Funding Needs’ option in the left-hand navigation bar on the dashboard. Then click on the ‘Create a funding need’ option, which will lead you to the Funding Need Builder.
2. Begin by filling in the ‘Your organisation’ section with the funding need name and a brief description of why the funding is required. Avoid details about the amount, type, location, and timeline of funding, as you will elaborate on these in the subsequent sections.
3. If you haven't yet provided your organisation's details, now is the time to do so (steps 4-6). If you have already provided this information, you can review it and make any necessary updates by clicking the blue 'Edit organisation' button. This information will be saved once you have clicked the blue ‘Save’ button at the top of the section, and you will not need to fill this out again.
4. (Skip steps 4 -6 if you have already provided your organisation’s details)
To provide your organisation’s details, click the blue 'Edit organisation' button. You can add details like name, email, contact number, website, and social information of your organisation. Upload your logo, write your mission statement, and add your address(es). You must add at least one registered address, but you can choose whether to make it visible to grant-makers or not.
5. Continue by clicking the green 'Add an organisation type' button. Provide your type of organisation, registered name, registration number, and the date registered. If the exact date is not known you can check with the regulator.
Please note: If you have added an additional organisation type in error, click on the ‘x’ to remove.
If you're both a registered charity and a registered company, add both types of organisation by clicking on the green 'Add an organisation type' button again.
6. Once satisfied with the provided organisation details, click the blue ‘Save’ button at the top of the section.
7. Then scroll down to the bottom where you can click the blue 'Save and continue' button. If you need to leave and continue later, click the green 'Save and quit' button to save your progress.
Please note: If you click the blue ‘Save and continue’ button without clicking ‘Save’ at the top of the section, your organisation details will not be saved.
8. In the 'Basic details' section, select the type of funding you need from the options. These include; Capital Costs, Core Costs, Loan, Project, Capacity Building, Monitoring and Evaluation. You can only choose one type per funding need. If you require different types of funding, we recommend creating separate funding needs for each.
In this example we are choosing the 'Core Costs' option
9. Further down the form, provide more details about your funding needs, including the amount required, any sourced or raised funds, and the duration of the project or work. You can also specify when you need to receive the funding and if funding is required before the work begins.
10. When you are happy, you can click the blue ‘Save and continue’ button at the bottom of the page.
11. In the 'Who you help' section, provide information about your organisation's focus areas and beneficiaries. Use the Focus Area search bar to find and select relevant focus areas. You can search for these and view our ‘Focus area search guide (link)’ which highlights all of the focus area categories available to you.
In this example our focus area is animal welfare and protection
12. Use the Beneficiaries search bar to find and select who will benefit from the funding. You can search for these and view our ‘Beneficiaries search guide (link)’. It’s important to be specific with your search so that we can give you the best matches.
13. Provide some of the optional information about the number of beneficiaries you aim to help and their specific age range, if applicable.
In this example we are leaving age range blank, but if you help a specific age of people you can refine this here. For instance elderly people or younger people.
14. Specify where the work will take place. If it's across the UK, tick the 'All of the UK' checkbox. If your work is location-specific, search for those areas in the provided field, being specific with your locations. If you need to exclude any areas, you can do this in the exclude section, for instance you help ‘South West’ but want to exclude ‘Bristol’.
When you are happy you can click the blue ‘Save and continue’ button at the bottom of the page.
15. Before publishing your funding need, review all the information you have provided. You can make edits by clicking on the top bars of each section. Don't forget to save your changes if you make any edits, before moving on. Once everything is correct, click the blue 'Publish your funding need' button.
Please note: Click on the print icon to open a printer-friendly version of your funding need.
Please note: Funding needs can be published once you have verified your email address. If you have not yet verified your email address you will be prompted to do so, visit our 'How do I confirm my email address' guide for more information.
Congratulations, your funding need is now live and accessible to grant-makers! You will start receiving matches to your funding need immediately and continuously as new grants become available. You can view your matches by clicking the blue 'Your matches' button, and all your funding needs by clicking the green 'My funding needs' button.
If you need support please contact us on 01225 530 095 by telephone, or by clicking on the ‘Contact us’ link from your Brevio Dashboard to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available Monday - Friday 9:00am - 17:30pm. If you contact us outside of these office hours, please provide your contact details and we will endeavour to answer your query as soon as possible.